There is a lot of focus these days on the problems with the environment. Cars, three-wheelers or trucks are the major source of pollution. It releases too much harmful gases. Each and every person has to contribute his or her share to avoid global warming which is mainly caused by different types of gases. You can choose to ride a bicycle for the benefit of our ecosystem.
Bicycles are the only vehicles which do not release any harmful gases into atmosphere. A motorcycle burns four times more energy than a bicycle. Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide is released into our environment. These are the route cause for most of the respiratory diseases.
9 ways Riding a bike can save the world (and make your life better)
Turns out, bicycling is not just good for your body and joints, but it’s also the best choice for the environment. Here are 9 ways using a bicycle to get around your city can help to save the world- and improve your life in the process.
- Reduces household emissions: Riding your bike to work rather than driving can cut down on your household emissions by at least 6%.
- Reduces traffic, too: Car produce .97 pounds of pollution per mile annually; Bicycle produce none. Bicycles are also 50% faster than cars during rush hours.
- Cuts down on health care cost: Bicycling makes you healthier, which in turns saves everyone on health costs. 30 minutes of bicycling a day can save you $544/year this way.
- Makes you more productive: When you spend less time in traffic, you have more time to get things done. Bicycling gives you energy and even makes you happier.
- Save entire forests: Far less rubber is involved in making bicycles and their tires, which helps prevent the clearing of forest s for rubbing plantations.
- Combats noise pollution: Not only does riding a cycle help combat pollution, which affects wild animals, but it results in less roadkill, too.
- Keeps land free for nature: 20 bicycles can fit in the space of one car, so if more people rode them, we’d need to clear less land for parking lots.
- Help support local business: When you ride a bicycle, you’re more likely to keep your trips shorter and you’re shopping closer to home, which is great for local biz.
- Save lives: 33,000 people dies each year in a car crashes, but only 667-while still a lot- are killed while riding a bicycle, making it much safer.